Terms of Access
Legal - ScotiaMcLeod
scotiamcleod.com Terms of Access
THE LINKS CONTAINED IN THIS SITE WILL TAKE YOU TO OTHER SITES OF (FINANCIAL) INTEREST ON THE WEB. BY FOLLOWING THEM YOU WILL BE LEAVING THE SCOTIAMCLEOD WEB SITE. SCOTIAMCLEOD IS IN NO WAY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY CONTENT THAT YOU ENCOUNTER BY FOLLOWING THESE LINKS.
IMPORTANT: THIS NOTICE GOVERNS USE OF THIS WORLD WIDE WEB SITE ("SITE") SCOTIAMCLEOD.COM. BY ACCESSING THIS SITE, YOU AGREE TO THE FOLLOWING TERMS. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THESE TERMS, DO NOT ACCESS THIS SITE.
- This site contains information regarding the products and services of the private client investment services of Scotia Capital Inc., referred to as "ScotiaMcLeod" in this site.
- Information in this site regarding services and products of ScotiaMcLeod is applicable only in jurisdictions where such services and products may lawfully be offered for sale and is void where prohibited by law. If you access this site from outside of Canada, you are responsible for compliance with local, national and international laws. Not all products and services are available across Canada or in all countries. All ScotiaMcLeod products and services are subject to the terms of applicable agreements. Descriptions of ScotiaMcLeod products and services in this site may include accompanying legal disclaimers, restrictions and disclosures of importance. You are deemed to have notice of them regardless of your use or downloading of only a part of this site.
- This site is established solely for the exchange of information. It may not be used to place, buy or sell orders for securities or commodities or to give instructions regarding accounts maintained by any user with ScotiaMcLeod. For information regarding your existing accounts, contact your relationship manager.
- Use of this site is not intended and shall be deemed not to create any legal relationship of whatsoever kind between the user and ScotiaMcLeod or to amend or vary any existing legal relationship.
- This site, including the facts, data, information and other contents contained in it, is not intended to be:
- a comprehensive or detailed statement concerning the matters addressed;
- investment, tax, banking, accounting, legal, or other professional or expert advice;
- an offer to sell or buy or a recommendation to buy or sell any stock, bond or other financial instrument and every user of this site is advised to seek professional advice before acting or omitting to act on any part of the site. Many factors affect the applicability of any statement or comment made in this site to any user's particular circumstances. Important information about mutual funds is contained in their simplified prospectuses. Obtain a copy of it from your Investment Advisor and read it carefully before investing. Mutual funds are not guaranteed; their unit values, yields and investment returns change frequently and past performance may or may not be repeated.
- This site may include forward-looking statements about objectives, strategies and expected financial results of members of the Scotiabank group of companies. Such forward-looking statements are inherently subject to uncertainties beyond the control of the members of the Scotiabank group of companies, including but not limited to economic and financial conditions globally, regulatory development in Canada and elsewhere, technological developments and competition. The users of this site are cautioned that the member's actual performance could differ materially from such forward-looking statements.
- ScotiaMcLeod and/or its affiliates and/or their respective officers, directors or employees may from time to time acquire, hold or sell securities and/or commodities and/or commodity futures contracts mentioned in this site as principal or agent. ScotiaMcLeod and/or its affiliates may have acted as financial advisor and/or underwriter for certain of the corporations mentioned in this site and may have received and may receive remuneration for same.
- Although ScotiaMcLeod believes the content of this site to be correct, it makes no warranty or representation as to the correctness or completeness of such information. Information in this site is subject to change without notice. ScotiaMcLeod does not, and does not intend to, and expressly disclaims any duty to, update or correct information on this site.
- World wide web sites accessed by hypertext links ("hyperlinks") appearing in this site have been independently developed by parties other than ScotiaMcLeod and ScotiaMcLeod has no control over information in any hyperlinked site. ScotiaMcLeod is providing hyperlinks to users of this site only as a convenience. ScotiaMcLeod makes no representation and is not responsible for the quality, content or reliability of any information in any hyperlinked site. The inclusion of any hyperlink in this site should not be construed as an endorsement by ScotiaMcLeod of the information in such hyperlinked site and does not imply that ScotiaMcLeod has investigated, verified or monitored the information in any such hyperlinked site. Should you wish to inquire about creating a link from your world wide web site to this site, or about the use of the names of members of the Scotiabank Group, contact ScotiaMcLeod marketing via e-mail at: firstname.lastname@example.org for written authorization. The listing of an organization in this site should not be construed as an endorsement of its services or products.
- The reference to any independent organization should not be construed as an endorsement by ScotiaMcLeod of such organization's services or products.
- Reuters and other "feed" services are not related to and are independent of ScotiaMcLeod. ScotiaMcLeod is providing information from Reuters and other "feed" services to you as a convenience. ScotiaMcLeod did not investigate or verify any such information and the inclusion of any such information does not imply that ScotiaMcLeod endorses it. ScotiaMcLeod makes no representation as to the accuracy of such information.
- Reuters content is the intellectual property of Reuters Limited. Any copying, republication or redistribution of Reuters content, including by caching, framing or similar means, is expressly prohibited without the prior written consent of Reuters. Reuters shall not be liable for any errors or delays in content, or for any actions taken in reliance thereon. Reuters, the Reuters Dotted Logo and the Sphere Logo are registered trademarks of the Reuters group of companies around the world. To the extent permitted by law, ScotiaMcLeod shall not be liable for any damages suffered or incurred by the user of this site or any third person arising out of any faults, interruptions or delays in the ScotiaMcLeod site or the Reuters Services and any inaccuracies, errors or omissions in the ScotiaMcLeod and Reuters content. Except as expressly stated in this site, there are no warranties, conditions, guarantees or representations (in this paragraph called "Warranties") as to merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose or other warranties, whether express or implied, in law or in fact, oral or in writing. All software is provided "as is" without any representations or Warranties. Each user hereby acknowledges that it has not relied upon any representations or Warranties of ScotiaMcLeod or Reuters Information Services (Canada) Limited.
- This site is not a secure medium for communication. Any confidential, proprietary, or sensitive information transmitted by a user by means of this site may be read and copied by unauthorized persons.
- Copyright in the content of this site, including the screens displaying the pages and their arrangement, is owned by The Bank of Nova Scotia unless otherwise indicated. All rights reserved. Users of this site may copy this site for their own personal use but without the prior written permission of ScotiaMcLeod may not republish or reproduce any substantial part of this site in any manner whatever, including electronically reproducing this site by "uploading", "down loading" or "accessing" this site onto the Internet or any other local or international computer system, and any such unauthorized use constitutes copyright infringement. Any report included in this site may not be reproduced in whole or in part, or referred to in any manner whatsoever, nor may the information, opinions, and conclusions contained in it be referred to without in each case the prior express consent of ScotiaMcLeod. Use of any software down loaded from this site is governed by the terms of any licence agreement provided with that software.
- The display of trade marks in this site does not imply that a license of any kind has been granted. All service and product names are trademarks of their respective owners. The Bank of Nova Scotia is the owner of the Canadian trademarks ScotiaMcLeod; Flying S, ScotiaMcLeod & Design; Scotiabank and Scotia, and has additional trademarks and service marks in Canada and other countries, designated by the symbols ® and TM for registered and unregistered marks respectively. Scotia Capital Inc. is an authorized user of the ScotiaMcLeod mark and the Flying S, ScotiaMcLeod & Design marks. The ScotiaMocatta trademark represents the bullion and base metals businesses of The Bank of Nova Scotia, operating under the marketing name of Scotiabank. The symbol * identifies trademarks owned by Scotia Capital Inc. unless otherwise indicated. The Scotiabank group of companies refers to The Bank of Nova Scotia and its subsidiaries.
- ScotiaMcLeod and the operator of this site expressly disclaim any liability for losses or damages, whether direct, indirect, special, or consequential, or other consequences, howsoever caused, arising out of the use of this site or any reproduction of this site, whether authorized or not. By accessing this site, each user of this site releases ScotiaMcLeod and all related companies and their respective officers, directors, agents and employees from all claims and proceedings for such losses, damages or consequences.
- Canadian laws apply to this site and to the use of this site by any user, notwithstanding the domicile, residence or physical location of the user. The user of this site submits and attorns to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of the Province of Ontario to determine any proceeding arising out of the use of this site.
- i:PARTNER is offered by ScotiaMcLeod, a division of Scotia Capital Inc. ScotiaMcLeod is a member of the Canadian Investor Protection Fund and the Investment Industry Regulatory Organization of Canada. i:PARTNER is a trademark of The Bank of Nova Scotia. Scotia Capital Inc. is an authorized user. "TSE" is a trademark of the Toronto Stock Exchange and has been licensed for use by The Bank of Nova Scotia and its subsidiary companies. i:PARTNER is not sponsored, endorsed, sold or promoted by the Toronto Stock Exchange nor does the Toronto Stock Exchange make any representation regarding the advisability of investing in this product.
- All insurance products are sold through Scotia Wealth Insurance Services Inc., the insurance subsidiary of Scotia Capital Inc., a member of the Scotiabank group of companies. When discussing life insurance products, ScotiaMcLeod advisors are acting as Life Insurance Agents (Financial Security Advisors in Quebec) representing Scotia Wealth Insurance Services Inc. The information contained on this website is for use by persons resident in Canada only.
The links contained in this site will take you to other sites of (financial) interest on the web. By following them you will be leaving the ScotiaMcLeod web site. ScotiaMcLeod is in no way responsible for any content that you encounter by following these links.